This cobbler can be whipped up in ten minutes. If you do not want the fruit baked in, as is defined by a cobbler, make the batter without the fruit and top with fresh fruit after the cake has cooled. If cobbler style unmold five minutes after removing from oven. If making without fruit, do not unmold and serve covered with fresh fruit out of the skillet.
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 half stick)
2/3 cup sugar (can cut back to 1/2 cup, if desired)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375
2. Heat butter into a 9-inch iron frying pan (or any oven proof skillet)
3. Whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and quickly stir in milk. Batter will be thick.
4. Spoon batter over melted butter
5. Spread fruit over the top (see below)
6. Bake for about 30 minutes and cool on rack.
1. One egg lightly beaten, stir well into batter after adding milk
2. 1 cup of strawberries halved, blueberries or 5 medium peaches skinned and sliced placed over top of batter
3. 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar sprinkled over top.
Notes: This recipe can be doubled
For additional news on New Hampshire Farms, agriculture,
and seasonal events, follow us on Facebook